Providing students with the tools to become effective leaders
Emerging Eagles introduces students to leadership in a cohort peer mentorship model.This program fosters leadership potential and provides students the tools to become effective leaders on campus, in the community and beyond. Emerging Eagles begins with a weekend retreat that involves activities such as a ropes course and continues with weekly meetings for six weeks. Students participate in large group workshops and are supported through small groups led by Emerging Eagles Mentors.
Emerging Eagles introduces first-year students and new leaders to leadership opportunities and develops skills that help them contribute positively to the FGCU community. Because everyone has leadership potential, no previous experience is required. Participants come from a variety of backgrounds and have diverse experiences. All students interested in developing themselves as leaders and advancing to the forefront of campus leadership should register.
- Understanding of your personal leadership style, assets and strengths
- Critical skills relevant to all aspects of leadership (communication, conflict resolution, decision making, ethical leadership)
- Appreciation for diversity and understanding of personal privilege
- Fundamental team-building skills to effectively accomplish common goals
- Networking opportunities and peer connections that encourage further development of leadership skills in all aspects of the college experience
- Activities that foster civic engagement and promote positive societal change
- A leadership action plan and understanding of your individual leadership philosophy
Become an Emerging Eagles Mentor
Emerging Eagles Mentors are current students who are graduates of the Emerging Eagles program and who remain involved in a variety of campus leadership activities. A unique component of Emerging Eagles is the small groups led by mentors to facilitate processing, reflection and community building, as well as to provide a supportive ally for the first-time leader. Contact us