Continue learning without a degree plan
Note: The following information is for undergraduate non-degree seeking students ONLY. For post-baccalaureate non-degree seekers, please visit Graduate Studies.
Students not seeking a degree from FGCU can take up to 15 credit hours of undergraduate courses at FGCU by applying for admission as a non-degree seeking student.
Students currently enrolled at another institution in the State University System of Florida will apply as a transient student.
Those seeking admission as a senior citizen non-degree seeker, must be at least 60 years of age in order to be considered for courses and complete and submit the appropriate senior citizen non-degree application.
Students who are in good standing and enrolled at institutions not part of the State University System of Florida and students not enrolled at any institution may be considered for admission as a non-degree seeking student at FGCU. Undergraduate non-degree seeking enrollment is on a space-available basis and has been established for individuals who do not hold a bachelor's degree. A non-refundable application fee of $30 will be applied for first-time applicants.
Students enrolling in this classification are subject to the following regulations:
- A Non-degree seeking student must be in good standing at his/her previous institution (including FGCU) and eligible to return.
- Non-degree seeking students are subject to the same rules and regulations as degree seeking students.
- International students may only enroll as non-degree seeking students with permission from the University due to limitations of certain visa statuses and federal regulations.
- Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to receive financial aid.
- Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to stay in University housing or to receive University honors.
- A degree seeking student denied admission to FGCU may not be subsequently enroll as a Non-degree seeking student. This restriction will be waived if the student subsequent to the denial from FGCU has completed a degree program or has been a student in good academic standing at another postsecondary institution. Official transcripts will be required in these cases.
- A Non-degree seeking student dismissed from the University will not be eligible for admission as a degree seeking student.
- A non-degree seeking student is limited to 15 credit hours of undergraduate coursework. In special circumstances, a college may waive this restriction.
- Hours taken at FGCU as a Non-degree seeking student cannot be used to meet the 60 transferable hours required for admission as an upper division student.
- Registration for classes is on a space-available basis; subject to any required course pre-requisites and other restrictions as determined by the applicable College or program.
- Registration is in accordance with the deadlines posted on the academic calendar.
- First time in college students will not be allowed to enroll in a Non-degree seeking status.
Applicants may apply as an Undergraduate Non-Degree Seeking Student by creating a Future Eagle Account and selecting Non-Degree on the online application. Learn more about admission deadlines. The basic requirement for admissions for a non-degree seeking student is that you are in good standing at your last institution.
To register for classes through Gulfline, a PIN will be emailed to you once you have been admitted. Instructions for registering through Gulfline are available in the Registration Guidebook. Please be aware that within one week of the start of the term, it is recommended for those students that live in the local area to apply and register in person. For distance learning students that live outside the local area contact the Office of the Registrar directly to obtain information on how to register. It is the student's responsibility to register for his or her own classes.
Important dates to know
|Domestic (U.S.) Students||International Students|
8/1 – Opens
4/1 – Summer Closes
7/1 – Fall Closes
8/1 – Opens
5/1 - Closes
1/1 - Opens
12/1 - Closes
1/1 - Opens
9/15 - Closes